Friday, July 18, 2008

a trip down memory lane.

the other day, i was out and about and happened into the Dutch Girl Chocolate store on Commercial Drive. every time i go there, i wonder if and wish that they have one of my favorite candies that i used to get from my Beppe's candy drawer when i was a girl: lemon drops.
well, i had never seen them at the DGC store before, but the other day, much to my amazement and joyful discovery, i found out that they did indeed sell them there! so, i promptly bought them.
now, they aren't exactly the same ones that i remember (these ones are round, as you can see in the picture below, not lemon shaped), but they are still delicious and i'm pretty excited to bring this fun little discovery home with me when i go to NS next week. "yay!" for lemon drops.

(i apologize for the poor picture quality. recently, my digital camera display screen broke, so i have had to revert back to taking pictures by actually peeking through the little viewfinder hole. i'm still re-learning, as you can tell.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYYY! I love lemon drops!
(Rachel)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Reba! Speaking of yummy Dutch candies, do they have whilamenias (or however you spell that!) there?? Hmmm... those are my favorite!! I am so glad you finally got your laptop! That is so exciting! Guess what!! I got one too!! YAY for new computers! Hopefully Jessa sent you my greeting when she got back but if not - Hi and I miss you!

Laura