Monday, August 25, 2008

an excerpt from my journal...

i hope to write in more detail regarding my life in the last month, but for tonight, i will just post an excerpt from my journal entry for today...
I just wanted to write down the thought of the day from our kitchen windowsill counter, since I find it so apt in the cynicism and jugmentalism that I too often find myself in:

"Living simply means concentrating on what's important in light of eternity, and not taking the rest of life too seriously."

-Annie Chapman

it is always so easy for me to fuss about whether or not the kitchen is clean to my specifications or if i feel life is being fair to me, but at the end of the day, i need to just get over myself and move on. this quote kinda puts it all into perspective. all too often, i need that swift kick in the pants.
well said, Annie. well said.

No comments: