Monday, July 16, 2007

Nova Scotia, Ontario, and back...

wow...it's been awhile. well, i guess all of my posts could start with this familiar phrase, but still. i meant to do one of these this past weekend, but instead, i decided to have a rather social 2 days (consisting of an all afternoon BBQ at my friend Mark's and funtimes at the beach on Sunday w/Joel and Carla) thus it didn't get done. until now.
so, as many of you know and saw, from June 29-July 9, i was in the air/on the road, pretty much all across this fair country. i made a brief 2 day and 2 hour stop at my NS home and managed to have it pretty chock-full of crazy events, including seeing many friends and family from church.
then, we left at 4 AM on Tuesday with Listowel, Ontario, as our eventual goal. this was where my brand new sister-in-law, Sarah (ie. Sarah Dawn, Sezzy, crazyladywhowasonceinfatutatedwithmyworkuniform, etc. ...these nicknames come into existence when 3 Sara(h) Bokmas are had) is from. during the next 6 days, we, as a G&L Bokma family, were hugely blessed by the Slotegraaf family, who juggled hosting us, preparing for the wedding, and being super cool, all at the same time. and they did it quite well, i might add. indeed, it was fun.
yeah, basically it was an awesome vacation. too short, but so much fun. i was SO blessed by seeing many loved ones and spending quality time with them. God is good.
and now i'm back in Vancouver, no longer being able to look forward to such a time. yet, sometimes i find myself still anticipating a trip home to NS. until i realize that that time has already come and gone in a flash. but it was good. and totally worth it.
and that leaves me in Vancouver. once again facing the music. and what beautiful music it is. but there will be more on that later. for now, i will leave this reminiscent post with a promise of many pictures to come soon.
until then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No specific mention of me, eh? I guess I fit in under the category of friends and family, but still... I miss you lots sis! Much love and hugs, Rachel

My Engedi said...

and then i wrote the next blog, w/o seeing this post. feel loved, my sister!

em & em said...

I miss you!