Tuesday, November 25, 2008

chocolate chip cookies and life.

right now, i'm making a couple of batches of chocolate chip cookies for breaks for our DTS. i am also trying to figure out my life. i know, i know, these are two activities that are so likely to be paired together...

what am i supposed to do with this life that has been so generously granted to me? i feel like i am in high school all over again, feeling the pressure of the impending decisions that i need to make. and desperately not wanting to mess it all up.
i want to hold this life, my life with open hands and be a good steward of it, but what does this actually look like? what does this mean for February and beyond? and what about a year from now? is school the right move? i'm having selfdoubts that i'll be able to jump right back in, after almost 4 years out of the academic life. and what do i want to learn? there is just so much to discover! and i want to do it all...
i think that i might be falling back into the dangerous area of being so afraid to make a move for fear that it is the "wrong" direction, that i don't even trust God to lead and guide me...
oh God, help me to trust You where you are taking me, right here, right now.

cookies call. this little post has been cathartic. thanks.
and please pray for me...

1 comment:

Karmyn said...

mmm.cookies.
Dude- I'm praying for you! I am confident that God will show you the path He wants you to take.
Remember- sometimes trusting Him doesn't always mean waiting for Him to show you the EXACT path you should take and how you should get there, but sometimes it means just trusting that in whatever you choose, He will bless it and use you in it!
MUCH love to you.
(And less than a month now WOOTWOOT!)